Vi finns även på Facebook
It is to day 101 years ago, 18 Russian Imperial sailors lost their lifes in a tragic accident when the submarine SOM collided with the Swedish s/s Ångermanland and sank to 88 meters depth. It happened early in the morning 23 May, off the small coastal town of Grisslehamn, located at the Swedish east coast.
Relatives to the crew will think of Them to day.
“O Father hear our prayer to Thee,
From your humble servants beneath the sea.
In the depth of ocean oft we stray,
So far from night, so far from day.
We would ask your guiding light to glow,
To make our journey safe below.
Please oft times grant us patient mind,
Then ‘ere the darkness, won’t us blind.
We seek thy protection from the deep,
And grant us peace whene’er we sleep.
Of our homes and loved ones far away,
We ask you care for them each day.
Until we surface once again,
To drink the air and feel the rain.
We ask your guiding hand to show,
A safe progression, sure and slow.
Dear Lord please hear our prayer to Thee,
From your humble servants beneath the sea.”
Filter #56 i butiken idag.
Vi går till botten med skattletarna i Ocean X Team.
- Ocean X, Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OceanXteam/
- Ocean X, Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/oceanxteam/
- Ocean X, YouTube page: www.youtube.com/oceanxteam
- Ocean X, Twitter page: https://twitter.com/OceanXteam
- Ubåtsjakts gruppen: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ubatsjakt/
- Ubåtsjakts sidan: https://www.facebook.com/ubatsjakt/
- Russian Submarine (SOM) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/submarinesom/
- Dennis Asberg Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/dennisaasberg/
- Dennis Asberg Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/dennis_asberg/
- Peter Lindberg Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/petertreasurehunter/
- Peter Lindberg Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/petertreasurehunter/
A new Discovery.
An unknown object was discovered during a sonar survey of the sea floor in the Stockholm archipelago area at deep water. A visual examintaion of the find has not yet been implemented.
The left image shows.
The image is a side scan sonar image, showing the sea floor with an wreck-like object. The size of the object is approximately 27meters in length and approx 4 meters in width.
The right image shows.
The side scan image is of the Russian Empire WW1 submarine “SOM” which Ocean X Team found in July last year. “SOM” was 20 meters in length and 3,6 meters in width.
The expedition were sponsored by:
Mats Wåhlin AB